Fax (727) 735-0859
The Shrink Link
Sponsered by: Florida Center For Cognitive Therapy, Inc
A Note From Your Doctor
My goal for you is to help you become your own therapist using a cognitive behavioral approach that teaches you new and healthy coping skills, empowerment skills, healthy and consistent internal and external boundaries. Your therapy will be based on a comprehensive assessment as we collaborate on setting goals with a focus on cognitive restructuring and behavioral change. Our major focus will be on the present, looking at the past in terms of how it impacts you now, without reliving every hurt and pain you ever experienced. Upon completing therapy, you will be more confident, empowered, independent, and decisive.
Years in Practice: 20+ Years
School: University of Florida
License No. and State: PY0003863
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
Accepted Payment Methods:
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Adolescents/Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Preteens/Tweens (11 to 13)
- The Art of Resume Writing
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral therapy is a skill based therapy that teaches you to challenge and change negative patterns of thought about yourself and the world. As you develop more effective coping skills, you will experience greater self-esteem and a sense of empowerment.
What exactly is life coaching? Life coaching is a partnership between two people who work closely together to help someone identify and reach specific life goals. Life coaching is particularly helpful when someone is blocked, not sure what the next step is, or just confused. This can be helpful across many different areas in life.
Flora Zaken-Greenberg, Ph.D. is not just a life coach, but a Licensed Psychologist as well, with over 30 years of experience both with counseling and coaching people to reach and live their dreams.
Her specialty areas are:
1. New Small Business: You have an idea for a business but no idea how to start and no one to coach you through the steps. We can help you execute your idea based on sound research (the first step). 2.Growth of Business to Next Level: Your business is successful, but you would like to grow it to the next level. We can help you with the best way to grow and expand without losing function. 3.Dissolution of Business: Maybe you are retiring and can’t sell, or you and a partner are dissolving a partnership. We can help you dissolve your business in a healthy way. 4.Career Changes: We can help you research your career wants and needs and set up the steps necessary for success. 5.College: You have to apply to college and the pressure is on and you have no idea what to do in this competitive environment. We can help you learn to research, ask the important questions, and apply in a way to stand out. 6.Actors, Performers and Models: Are you held back by insecurities and fears? Has a sub-personality taken over? We can help you live in your desired and healthy personality while still having access to your sub-personalities and emotions. We can also help you with auditioning fears. 7.Health: Your Doctor has told you that you need to get healthy, maybe lose some weight, and you are confused and scared. Maybe you were just diagnosed with a disease that is changing your life. We can help you map out a strategy to get you to your goal within the scope of your diagnoses. 8.General Issues: Maybe you feel stuck and you are just not sure what creative steps to take to go forward.
How are counseling and coaching different? Counseling takes a thorough look at your history and typically involves a diagnosis and therapy to help you restructure how you view the world and how you cope with the world. Coaching requires that you already have stability in your life but you need some guidance in how to proceed to meet your goals.
As a licensed psychologist in Florida, I can only provide therapy services to Florida residents. As a life coach, I can provide coaching services anywhere. If you are looking for therapy, please call the office and staff will answer your questions about insurance and availability. If you are looking for coaching, please call the office and tell staff what category of coaching you are interested in and they will work with you on availability and pricing. Unlike therapy, coaching can be purchased in advance in packages, or at time of service. No insurance is accepted for any form of life coaching.
If you want to start living the dream, call us and we will do our best to help with each step along the way.
The Art of Resume Writing
A resume has to be a beautifully crafted, organized, neat, concise representation of you and what you have to offer. In most situations, the person reading your resume does not know you and this will be their first impression of you. Your resume has to stand out from all the other resumes that are competing with your resume for attention. With a lengthy career, you may struggle with what to include and exclude, while with a beginning or new career, you may not know what to put on your resume to fill it out with substance and not fluff. Looking at resume templates is great, but this will not help you individualize your resume. Your resume is an investment in your career and needs to be designed professionally. This involves listing, planning, explaining, editing, spell checking and then repeating the process a few more times until your resume is a work of art.
Dr. Greenberg has been consulting with professionals and teaching resume writing for over thirty years, helping people reach their career goals. If you are interested in obtaining the services of a business psychologist regarding your resume, please call to make an appointment.